10 MOST POPULAR PLACES TO VISIT IN MOROCCO
Top 10 Places to Visit in Morocco
- Morocco is one of the nice and beautiful places to visit especially during a holiday.
- The country has lots of attractive venues that make your trip enjoyable.
- Every year, the number of people who visit Morocco increases due to its attractive landscape and hospitable nature.
- There are many green valleys, beaches, and scenes that are a blessing to people’s eyes.
- If you visit Morocco, be sure to meet many people from foreign countries across the world.
- Morocco also has many hotels located in different cities where you can reside with your family.
- One of the cities with the best hotels is Fes city, which is the oldest city and is at the heart of the country.
- The country also has arts and cultural heritage activities in place.
Read More : Top 10 Places To Visit In Morocco 2019
If you are planning for a trip to Morocco, then here are top places to visit and make your holiday fun:
1. The Place Djemaa el-Fna
- It is located in Marrakesh city which is the midpoint city connecting many attractions in Morocco.
- This square is popular because of its musicians, fortune tellers, monkeys, and snake charmers.
- All these unique features make the square a medieval circus especially during the evening hours, although during daytime its open for just eating and tourist shopping.
2. Majorelle Garden
- It is one of the popular botanical gardens located in Marrakesh.
- It was designed by Yves Saint Laurent and Jacques Majorelle.
- Visitors are allowed to stroll in the gardens during their leisure time.
3. The Erg Chebbi Dunes
- They are located near Merzouga in the Sahara Desert.
- Merzouga is a small village that has a few carpet shops, a general store, and mechanic.
- Here at the Erg Chebbi Dunes, there is a local legend that claims that God once got upset with a woman together with her son, and he buried the woman in the desert under the sand.
- This later resulted in the formation of Erg Chebbi Dunes.
Read More : Top 5 Reasons Why Extreme Tourism Is In
4. Cascades d’Ouzoud
- It is located near Azilal and Marrakesh. Cascades d’Ouzoud is a more dramatic waterfall located in the area and were made out of lush foliage and towering red rocks.
- Water runs down the valley below, and the river acts as a source of water for Berber villages within the area.
5. Todra Gorge
- Todra Gorge is located near the High Atlas Mountains and Marrakesh.
- The Todra Gorge is a canyon that was carved by water over time.
- It is the very last high point before where the Sahara desert begins.
6. Koutoubia Mosque Located in Marrakesh
- It came into existence in the 12th century and symbolizes the Marrakesh’s past.
- Tourists are not allowed to access the mosque inside, although the mosque can be seen from several city areas.
- This is a scene of several Walili Roman ruins. It came into existence in the 3rd century and consisted of some great walls of the structures that symbolized the power of the Roman Empire.
- This site is today an archaeological site where archaeologists are working to undercover and preserve what was left during the past. The site is located near the Rif mountains in North Africa.
- It is located in the desert past the Todra Gorge and Marrakesh.
- You can visit Ait Benhaddou in the Souss Massa Draa Valley and also the Kasbah Taourirt that was founded by Glaoui.
- This is also the site where the film Lawrence of Arabia was shot.
- This is Morocco’s capital city which may not be popular although it is a rich city when it comes to history.
- The most famous site of the city is the Le Tour Hassan, which is a tower that was constructed during the reign of Yacoub el Mansour(the Almohad ruler) in the late 12th century.
10. Fez Dar Batha Museum
- It is located in Fez. It is a former palace and during the 19th century it was home to Hispano Moorish background.
- It was later converted into a museum that houses traditional art.
Read More : The Most Romantic Destinations In Morocco
In conclusion, these are some of the top places to visit in Morocco. During your next vacation, you can plan for a visit to Morocco together with your family members in order to do and see plenty of things to make it enjoyable. Culture and history will greet you in every site you visit there.