Day 1 - Casablanca - Rabat
- Arrival at Casablanca Mohammed V airport, welcome and assistance. Orientation tour of Casablanca, the economic capital of Morocco. We will visit the Habbous quarter, the United Nations square, the exterior of the Royal Palace and an interior visit of the Hassan II mosque, one of the Islamic world’s greatest and stunning monuments.
Day 2 - Rabat - Meknes - Volubilis - Fes
- Departure to Meknes (the Moroccan Versailles), which was founded at the end of the 17th century by Moulay Ismail, where Hebraic epitaphs dating from the Christian era evidence the Jewish presence, and Greek inscriptions still appear in local Synagogues. It’s a place of pilgrimage where the tomb of Rabbi David Benmidan, “The Patron of Meknes” is located.
Day 3: Fes guided Tour of The Medina
Day 4: Fes - Midelt - Erfoud - Merzouga
- After breakfast, departure to Erfoud via Azrou and Ifrane. It is said that Ifrane was the capital of a Jewish Kingdom in the distant past. Not to be missed: the village’s only Synagogue and the cemetery has been a centre of pilgrimage for Moroccan Jews for centuries. Stop in Midelt and continuation to Erfoud.
Day 5: Merzouga - Erfoud - Dades Gorges - Ouarzazate
- After another breathtaking view of the sunrise, we return to Erfoud for an orientation tour and continue to the Todra Gorges known for their impressive bare escarpments. Continue to Tineghir and visit its Mellah gateway and the ancient and colorful Jewish quarter. Departure to Ouarzazate via El Kelaa Des M’Gouna and visit of Tiliit (5 miles from El Kelaa Des M’Gouna), known as the ancient city of the Jews of the Dades. The fortress of Tiliit has been the centre of a Jewish region ruled by the Spanish-Jewish family of Perez from the end of the 15th century until the reign of Moulay Ismail in 1672. Continue to Ouarzazate, check-in and overnight stay in a lovely riad.
Day 6: Ouarzazate
- After breakfast, visit of the Taourirt and Tifoultout Kasbahs, ancient residences of Glaoui, the former Pacha of Marrakech. The rest of the day is for relaxation by the swimming pool or for further exploration of the city. Overnight stay at the hotel. Optional: Excursion to the Rabbi David Ou Mouchi tomb at Telouat by Land Rover.
Day 7: Ouarzazate - Ait Ben HAddou - Telouet - Atlas Mountains - Marrakech
- After breakfast, departure to Marrakech via the Tiz-in-Tichka pass (2260m) and Taddert. In the afternoon, sightseeing tour of Marrakech. The Saadian dynasty made Marrakech their capital and converted the El Badii Palace to a Mellah, which became home of a thriving community of native and Spanish Jews, famed for their rabbinical schools and scholars. Visit the Rabbi Hanania Hacohen cemetery, which is also the burial place of Rabbi Mordekhai Ben Attar and Rabbi Pinhas Hacohen Azough known as the “Patron of Marrakech”. Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 8: Marrakech guided tour of the Medina
- This day will be devoted to the sightseeing of Marrakech, the second oldest imperial city known as the “Pearl of the South” and home to the Saadian tombs, the Koutoubia Mosque, the Bahia Palace and the Menara Garden. Return to the hotel for lunch. In the afternoon, exploration of the souks and the world’s famous Djemaa El Fna place, which offers various entertainments such as storytellers, acrobats, snake-charmers, magicians, etc. Optional: In the afternoon, excursion to the Ourika valley, the site of the famous tomb of Rabbi Salomon Bel Hens.
Day 9: Marrakech
- This is your free day of leisure.
Day 10: Marrakech
- Departure to Marrakech Menara airport.